To acquire a home which can be christened your “Own House” is a life-time decision & has to be taken with a lot of planning & requires huge finances. Below is a small guide which would answer some important questions related to Home Loan & help you decide your loan deal.
What is a Home loan?
Home Loan is a Secured Loan offered against the security of a house/property which is funded by the bank’s loan, the property could be a personal property or a commercial one..
Types of Home Loan
There are different types of home loans available in the market to cater borrower’s different needs.
• Home Purchase Loan : This is the basic type of a home loan which has the purpose of purchasing a new house.
• Home Improvement Loan : This type of home loan is for the renovation or repair of the home which is already bought
• Home Extension Loan : This type of loan serves the purpose when the borrower wants to extend or expand an existing home, like adding an extra room etc.
• Home Conversion Loan : It is that loan wherein the borrower has already taken a home loan to finance his current home, but now wants to move to another home.
• Bridge Loan : This type of loan helps finance the new home of the borrower when he wants to sell the existing home, this is normally a short term loan to the borrower & helps during the interim period when he wants to sell the old home & want to buy a new one, It is given till the time a buyer is found for the old home.
• Home Construction Loan : This type of loan taken when the borrower wants to construct a new home.
• Land Purchase Loan : It is that loan which is taken to purchase a land for construction & investment purposes.
Documents required in Home Loan
Generally the documents required to processing your loan application are almost similar across all the banks; however they may differ with various banks depending upon specific requirement etc. Following documents are required by financial institutions to process the Home Loan application:
• Age Proof
• Address Proof
•Income Proof of the applicant & co-applicant
• Last 6 months bank A/C statement
• Passport size photograph of the applicant & co-applicant
In case of Salaried
• Employment certificate from the employer,
• Copies of pay slips for last few months and TDS certificate
• Latest Form 16 issued by employer Bank statements
In case of Self-employed
• Copy of audited financial statements for the last 2 years
• Copy of partnership deed if it is a partnership firm or copy of memorandum of association and articles of association if it is a company
• Profit and loss account for the last few years
• Income tax assessment order