With so many foreclosure and short sale Scottsdale properties to choose from, many first time home-buyers arelooking to score great houses at fantastic prices. Before signing your name on the dotted line, however, there are some things you should consider:
1. Consider your future self. If you’re looking at short-sale Arizona properties, think about what you’ll need and want in the future. If you’re planning on having children soon, you’ll definitely want to consider number of bedrooms and check out the school districts in the area.
2. Location is everything. When you’re close to grocery stores, gas stations and other everyday necessities, you spend less of your time traveling from Point A to Point B. Not only is this more convenient, but it’s also one of the easiest ways to help save the environment. Who knew going green could be so simple?
3. Tell your Realtor. Tell your Realtor exactly what you’re looking for in a foreclosure Scottsdale property. If you want something that you can rent out in a couple of years, say so. When you let your Realtor in on your plans, he or she is more likely to find the foreclosure Scottsdale home of your dreams.
4. Decide if you want a “fixer upper” or a new home. There are a ton of practically new properties in foreclos ure right now that are move-in ready, but you can save more money and add your personal style by making some repairs and renovations yourself. Figure out if the savings is worth the time, effort and possible frustration before deciding one way or the other.
5. Know what you’re buying the house for. If you’re looking to get a good deal on a short-sale Arizona home be cause you want to flip it for profit in the next 3-7 years, you’re going to have a much different buying strategy than if you’re looking to buy home
for your family to live in for the next 20 year
Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/real-estate-articles/first-time-home-buyers-tips-3237416.html#ixzz0z4e4dbZA
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution